- 500g Beef eye fillet
- 2 cloves Crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons Finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Grated palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- 3 Onions, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Cut the beef into thin slices.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, ginger, coriander, turmeric, palm sugar and 2 tablespoons oil, add the beef and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the beef and stir-fry in batches until well browned.
- Add the coconut and spring onion and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Return all the meat to the pan; add the coconut milk and stir until heated through.
- Serve with rice.