1 kg Leg of lamb, chopped into serving pieces
1 tablespoon Powdered coriander
1/2 teaspoon Powdered cumin
1/4 teaspoon Powdered aniseed
3 tablespoons Oil
8 Shallots, sliced
2 Cardamoms, bruised
1/2 Nutmeg, bruised
5 cm Cinnamon stick
1 stalk Lemon grass, bruised
1 liter Coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
200 g Shredded coconut, roasted golden brown, ground
3 cloves Garlic
1 teaspoon Chopped ginger
1 teaspoon Chopped turmeric
1/2 tablespoon Chopped galangal
Salt to taste
- Combine and knead lamb meat with powdered coriander, cumin and aniseed.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and gently fry shallots until golden brown.
- Add ground spices, cardamoms, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon grass.
- Continue to stir until fragrant.
- Add meat and stir from time to time.
- Add coconut milk and ground coconut.
- Cook until the meat is tender and the gravy has thickened.
- Serve hot.