- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 lb Turkey, ground or slivered
- 2 tbl Teriyaki sauce
- ds Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Celery, slice diagonally
- 3/4 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1 lrg Red pepper, cubed
- 2 cup Snow peas, trimmed
- 10 oz Water chestnut,canned,drain
- 1 tbl Sesame seeds (optl)
- This recipe utilizes either ground or slivered poultry with oriental seasonings and vegetables. Ground turkey is becoming available in supermarkets across Canada. Add extra teriyaki sauce if a stronger flavour is desired and serve with cooked rice.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes, cooking time about 10 minutes. In Wok or non-stick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add turkey and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper, celery, and onion. Cover and steam for 4 minutes. Add red pepper, snow peas, and water chestnuts; cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, if using.