Serves 2 - 3.
Part I - The beef
- ¼ cup dry Porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1tbsp. salt
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. filet of beef
- Best quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Grind the Porcini mushrooms to a powder using a spice or coffee grinder.
- Place in a small bowl and add the sugar, salt, garlic, chili flakes, pepper and olive oil. Stir well to form a thick, fairly dry paste.
- Rub the paste evenly over the filet of beef, then wrap it in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- On a hot grill, cook the steak for 6 minutes on each side.
- Rest for a few minutes.
- Place in the center of the plate and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Shower it with Great Hill Blue cheese.
- 2 ½ cups of diced potatoes (blanched until soft, not soggy)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 cup cilantro
- ¼ cup Fanny Mason Baby Swiss cheese, grated
- Sauté the onions until they are brown and smell lovely.
- Throw in the potatoes and ginger and grown for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, green onions, cilantro, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to plates and serve.