- 1-3/4 lb. section of pumpkin
- 3-1/2 oz. Fourme d'Ambert cheese
- 3-1/2 tbsp. Isigny butter with coarse rock salt
- generous 3/4 c. Crème Fraîche
- fine salt, freshly ground pepper
- Remove the seeds, filaments and rind from the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Over low heat, cook the pumpkin pieces in the melted butter, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 c. water, add 1/2 tsp., cover and let cook 20 minutes longer over low heat.
- Put the pumpkin through a food mill using the fine strainer plate, purée in a blender, add the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently bring the soup to a boil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and lay five thin slices of the fourme d'Ambert cheese on the surface.
- Wait for a moment until the cheese has melted and serve.