- 2 young eggplants
- 6 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, blanched and chopped
- Cut the eggplants across into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place them in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplants and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush them with a little of the olive oil, place under a preheated grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the rest of the oil, the vinegar, mint, garlic and a little salt.
- Dress the eggplants with this mixture while they are still hot.
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve with roasted preserved peppers and zucchini as a first course.