Prep Time 20 Min.
Cook Time 30 Min.
Ready in 50 Min.
A delightful chicken recipe with a touch of curry. Serve Chicken Papadoris over cooked rice.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pine nuts, and cook stirring frequently, until evenly toasted.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the chicken, and cook 5 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Stir onion and garlic into the skillet, and cook until tender.
- Stir in the pine nuts, soy sauce, and coconut milk.
- Season with paprika, cumin, and curry powder.
- In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch and water.
- Mix into the skillet.
- Stir constantly until a thick gravy has formed.