- 2 lb Alaska crab legs thawed if necessary (King, Snow or Dungeness crab)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 tbl flour
- 2 tbl finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbl chopped green onion
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Remove Alaska crab meat from shell; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper; saute over medium-high heat until soft (approximately 10 to 12 minutes).
- Add garlic and bay leaves; reduce heat.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and clam juice; add flour and mix together well.
- Pour clam juice into skillet with onion and bell pepper and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Add Alaska crab meat, parsley and green onion.
- Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Taste, adding cayenne pepper and salt as needed.
- Serve over rice or a Southern favorite; beans and rice.