- 6 slc bacon minced
- 1 sm onion minced
- 1 can minced clams - (4 to 6 oz)
- 1 lrg or 2 small potatoes cut small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 can canned milk
- 1 qt milk
- Crackers for serving
- Saute bacon until half crisp in frying pan.
- Place in medium saucepan with heavy bottom if possible.
- Add onions, clams in juice, potatoes, salt and water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add canned milk and the one quart milk.
- Bring just under a boil - do not boil.
- Hold at medium warm, and serve with crackers.