- 2 x Dungeness crabs
- 1 lb Shrimp or prawns
- Halibut and/or salmon, clams or other fish
- 1 lrg Onion, sliced
- 1 bn Green onions (include some tops)
- 2 clv Garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Chopped parsley
- 1 x Green pepper, diced (if desired)
- 1 can Tomato puree
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1 can Tomato pieces
- 1 cup White wine (add more if needed)
- 1 cup Water
- Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 pch Rosemary, thyme, fennel, saffron, celery seed (saffron is expensive but great)
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil. Add parsley, all tomato sauces, wine, water, and seasonings. Bring to rapid boil, then simmer 1 hour. Add all fish but clams, simmer 2-3 minutes. Add washed clams and simmer until open.
- Note: Sourdough French bread and green salad are good accompaniments.
- Found this in a book from the library. Called Bear Soup & Salmon Mousse put out by the Alaska Dept. of Fish & Game.