Serves 6 to 10.
- 2 to 3 cucumbers
- ½ lime
- 1 red pimiento chile (red pepper)
- 1 small (3-ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon cream
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Cut the cucumbers down the middle, lengthwise, peel and remove the seeds.
- Rub the cucumbers with lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the red pepper down the middle, remove the seeds, and dice into small pieces.
- Combine the cream cheese and cream together with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the cucumbers with the mix and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve. (May be served on a bed of lettuce leaves.)