- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound pickling cucumbers (peel off skin, if waxed), chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the cucumbers, onions, and red pepper.
- Cook until all the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup until very smooth, and then return it to the saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Serve hot, topped with a Tablespoon of yogurt and a sprinkling of parsley.