Great either as a lunch entree or as a side dish for the buffet table.
- 500 g cold cooked beef (roast beef or a fine boiled beef like tafelspitz), trimmed of fat and gristle, sliced into strips
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into slices and then the slices cut into strips
- 1 small dill pickle, sliced into narrow strips
- 4-6 tablespoons oil (for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard (more if desired)
- 100 ml cream
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Mix the oil, mustard, salt and pepper and cream together to make a salad dressing. Add the parsley and chives -- lots of them: don't stint!
- Toss them together with the sliced beef, chopped onions, sliced / chopped pickle, and chopped hard-boiled eggs. Serve the salad garnished with more parsley and chives.