- 1 chicken of about 1.5 kilos
- 4 shallots, a clove of garlic, and parsley
- 75 gr. butter
- 100 gr. cream
- 1 egg-yolk
- ¼ litre Riesling, and a small cup of meat stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 spirit measure of Cognac
- 150 gr. mushrooms
- salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Quarter the chicken, and lightly brown them in half the butter in a stewing pan for about 5 minutes, then season. Put in the shallots, parsley and garlic, finely chopped. Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Flambé the meat with the Cognac, and then pour in the Riesling and the stock. Simmer on a low heat for thirty minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and fry them lightly in the remaining butter. Then add them to the pot. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, blend the flour, cream and egg-yolk. Pour this sauce over the meat without cooking further, and season to taste.
- Serve hot with noodles or dumplings.