Yield 4 servings.
- 1 kg Raw white fish, roughly chopped
- 75 gm Shrimp (optional, but super, defrosted and drained)
- 2 can Tomato and onion mix, or fresh will be fine, but more work
- 1 x Chopped green pepper
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed with salt
- A little finely chopped ginger stem
- 1 sprg thyme
- A little salt to taste
- A little sugar to counteract the acid taste of tomato
- 1 tbl Worchester sauce
- 10 dsh Tabasco
- My contribution for the month! This is a Mauritian dish and is delicious.
- 1. Heat the tomato and onion mix and add all the other ingredients except the fish, sauce, cheese and breadcrumbs
- 2. Cook the mixture slowly for 10 minutes and then add the chopped raw fish and cook for a further 10 minutes
- 3. Make the bechamel (white) sauce and add lots of grated cheese and a little paprika and then add to fish mixture
- 4. Place the mixture in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with more grated cheese, parsley and toasted breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes - then grill until brown and bubbling. Serve with rice and tossed french salad and garlic bread!