- 12 Raw King Prawns
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Water
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 teasp finely grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste (check ingredients)
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 Hard-boiled Egg, sliced
- Shell prawns, reserving the tail pieces and shells and remove the central vein from each prawn. Set aside.
- Place the shells in a food processor or blender and process to form a fine paste.
- Place the shell paste in a medium saucepan together with the water, bring to the boil and continue to boil until reduced by half.
- Transfer the shell sauce back to the food processor and blend until smooth then pass through a very fine sieve. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and sauté until soft and transparent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and tomato paste, mix well and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the reserved shell sauce, chopped tomatoes, thyme and parsley. Mix well and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the prawns and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish and decorate with the sliced boiled eggs. Serve immediately.