- 12 Medium Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onion -- finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic -- finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro -- finely chopped
- 1 Can Chickpeas -- drained
- Salt And Pepper -- to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Pinch Cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Cut off tops of tomatoes, then scoop out pulp.
- Reserve both tops and pulp.
- In frying pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until they begin to brown.
- Then add pine nuts and cilantro. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper.
- Fill tomatoes with this mixture and cover with tops.
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish, then mix with tomato pulp with salt and pepper and pour in between the tomatoes.
- Place a little butter on each of the tomatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.