- 10 lb Pork Butt, coarsely ground
- 2 tb Salt
- 1 tb Pepper
- 1 tb Pepper Corns, crushed
- 1/4 tb Garlic Powder
- 3 md Handfuls Of Mustard Seed
- 10 Feet of Natural Casing
- Mix all ingredients well. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Soak the natural casing in warm salt water until they become elastic about 30 minutes.
- Using coarse cut again, grind mixture into casing using sausage nozzle. Tie off at 6" to 12" links or 24" links with string at the beginning and end of each link. Refrigerate for long storage.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Quench with cold water then cook in pot until meat thermometer reads 150øF or bake, broil, or smoke until meat turns dark.
- Hang for 2-3 days to dry.