- 2 fl dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lb lamb's liver; thinly sliced
- 2 tb wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 oz bacon; chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make a marinade with the wine, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf and seasoning, pour it over the liver, cover and leave for 24 hours.
- Take out the liver and pat dry. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat in a frying pan sufficient oil to cover the bottom of the pan, add the liver and the bacon, and cook until tender over moderate heat, turning the liver once.
- Remove the meat and keep warm. Add the marinade to the pan, taking out the bay leaf, and reduce quickly.
- Pour it over the meat and serve, accompanied by fried sliced potatoes.