To serve 4.
Preparation 30 min.
Cooking 2 min.
- 18 medium oysters, already opened
- 800g very ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 lemons
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1 bunch chives
- 500ml tomato juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Soak the breadcrumbs in water to soften.
- Peel and chop garlic and snip the chives and tarragon.
- Liquidise with breadcrumbs briefly to combine.
- Mix with tomato juice, in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Remove from shells, but keep juice to one side.
- Strain juice through a sieve and pour into a saucepan.
- Add oysters and bring to boil, poach for one minute.
- Add the juice of bith lemons.
- Peel and seed tomatoes and dice.
- Peel and dice cucumber.
- Mix vegetables into gazpacho, then add the poached oysters.
- Serve chilled.
Recommended Wine: Sancerre