Cooking time 45 minutes.
- 1 Cut up chicken
- 2 large Onions - coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon. Powdered Ginger
- 3 medium Tomatoes - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon. Ground Allspice
- 2 cloves Garlic -- chopped fine
- 1 large Onion -- sliced
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon. Paprika
- Black Pepper & Salt to taste
- Season chicken with sliced onion, thyme, salt, pepper, powdered ginger and allspice. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet, and brown chicken on moderate heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Lower heat and add chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, salt, Scotch Bonnet pepper, and paprika. Cover and simmer and add water if necessary for 10-15 minutes.