- 500ml vegetable stock
- 300ml cream
- 1 dessert spoon each of sage, dried bay leaf and basil
- butter for frying
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ripe apricots
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 dessert spoon cornflour (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
- Melt the butter in a pan and when hot add the meat and season. Fry until the chicken has browned then add the vegetables, the stock and the cream. Bring to a simmer then cover the pan and cook for 90 minutes.
- About 30 minutes before the meat is ready add the apricots (stoned and halved), water and sugar to a saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly. After about 10 minutes add the cornflour slurry and cook for a further 15 minutes. At this point mash the apricots.
- When ready to serve spoon the apricots onto a plate and place the chicken on top. Serve with plain rice.