- 1 kg carp
- 2 big onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 g raisins
- 200 g rice
- 50 ml white wine (you are going to use a whole bottle to wash the food down the throat so put aside some for the cooking)
- salt and (white) pepper to taste
- Wash and clean the fresh carp, and scrape the scales.
- Salt it lightly.
- Chop the onions and fry it gently and add in the hot oil over the onions the well-washed rice.
- Fry for a couple of minutes and then cover it with some water.
- Let it simmer to a small fire. When done add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the raisins and the wine and mix well.
- Stuff the carp with this mixture and sow it with a needle and thread.
- Place the carp in a heat proof skillet and pour over it some water, white wine and little olive oil.
- Cook for circa 1 hour.