- 2½ pounds lamb (with or without bones), cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked noodles (egg noodles are best)
- Place the cut lamb into a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 1 hour.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté carrots, onion, and bay leaves about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked noodles, onion, bay leaves, and carrots. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Top with boiled lamb and dill.