1 kilo of spareribs
2 cups of red dry wine
½ a cup of corn oil
2 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
- Have your ribs cut one bone at a time and in small pieces about 2 inches long.
- Place in a large enough bawl to hold all your meat.
- Add 1 cup of red dry wine and 1 tbsp of crushed coriander, mix well for the wine and coriander to go everywhere on your meat and marinate for about 5-6 hours. (Mix periodically)
- Heat oil, drain the meat and fry lightly.
- Add the rest of the wine and coriander, bring to boil and add enough hot water to cover the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cover your pan and cook for about 1 ½ hour in low heat.
- Serve hot.
Afelia can be accompanied with rice, boiled or steamed vegetables or mashed potatoes.Note: As an alternative to meat, artichokes, mushrooms or potatoes cut in small cubs can be used, cooked the same way.