- Wash the chicken, cut it in pieces; season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in a glass baking dish and add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary and wine.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Roast in the oven at 375°, in the same dish covered with the same foil for one hour.
- Meanwhile, grate the apple and mix it with the water and sugar.
- Take off the foil, cover the chicken in the apple mixture and continue cooking for 20 minutes more until the chicken is browned.