Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 4 4oz chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small unpeeled apples, cored and cut into eighths (use Golden delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Pippin, or McIntosh apples, see cooking apples chart)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper, lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Add chicken broth, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples to serving plates. Whisk cider mixture again and add to skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over chicken and apples, sprinkle with parsley.