- 2 cloves Crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon Fish curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 Red chilies, finely chopped
- 6 Fish steaks about 150g each
- 3 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Combine the garlic, tamarind, curry powder, turmeric, lemon juice and chili.
- Place the fish steaks in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Brush the garlic mixture over both sides of the fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan, add the fish and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the coconut mil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot.