- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 Onion, finely sliced lengthways
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 3 Green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Torn spinach or other greens
- 4-6 cups Rhubarb stock, fish stock or boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried shrimp paste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan and when very hot, fry the onion, garlic and turmeric, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach.
- Stir well, then add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Add shrimp paste, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add salt as necessary.
- Serve with rice.