- 500g Very fresh fish such as tuna, salmon or trout
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Daikon
- Japanese soy sauce, to serve
- Wasabi, to serve
- Use a very sharp, flat-bladed knife to remove any skin from the fish. Place the fish in the freezer and chill it until it is just firm enough to be cut thinly and evenly into slices, about 5 mm in width.
- Try to make each cut one motion in one direction, taking care not to saw the fish.
- Use a zester to scrape the carrot and daikon into long fine strips or cut them into fine julienne strips.
- Arrange the sashimi pieces on a platter.
- Garnish with the carrot and daikon and serve with the soy sauce and wasabi .
Note : It is crucial that the fish used for making Sashimi is very fresh.