- 600 gms chicken
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 cup thin coconut milk } extracted from 1 grated coconut
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 star anise
- 2 red chillies
- 3 cm piece cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsps kurma powder
- 6 shallots
- Pound 3 shallots and 2 cloves garlic together.
- Mix with kurma powder and 1 tsp water. Blend well into paste.
- Slice finely the remaining shallots and garlic.
- Heat oil and fry the sliced shallots and garlic with the spices until fragrant.
- Add in the blended kurma powder and fry further until oil separates.
- Add in the chicken and 1 cup water. Cook until the beef is tender.
- Pour in the thick coconut milk, bring to boil and pour it in the thin milk.
- season with salt to taste and cook further over a low flame until the gravy is thick.
- Add in the large onion and red chilies. Stir once and remove from rice.