Goong Gah Tee-em is a fairly basic dish. It is easy to prepare, and almost always comes out delicious, no matter who cooks it! This dish is usually served with rice. It is not a meal in itself per say, but it is normally served as part of a typical Thai meal, alongside several other dishes.
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed to release their flavor
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coriander root, minced1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 - 2 pounds shrimp (you can use any size you desire)
- Vegetable Oil
- First you are going to need to make a marinade. Combine the garlic, coriander root, fish sauce, brown sugar, and pepper. Add in the shrimp and let it sit for half an hour.
- When your thirty minutes have passed, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized frying pan. Toss in the shrimp, and stir-fry them until they turn pink. Squeeze a little lemon juice into the mixture, and serve garnished with some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.