Tagliata di Manzo con Rucola ~ Combining a great steak with peppery arugula salad might sound like an odd idea, but I guarantee that once you've tried it, you won't want to eat steak any other way.
Traditionally this steak is always served rare, but if desired you could cook it a little more. It should be meltingly tender though to contrast sharply with the crisp, peppery lettuce.
by Deborah Mele
- 4 Medium Sized Good Quality Steaks At Least 1 1/2 inch Thick- T-bone, or New York Strip
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Bunches Fresh Arugula, Washed and Dried
- Coarsely Ground Pepper
- Coarsely Ground Sea Salt
- Lightly rub the steak with the oil, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Grill over an open grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Your steak should be rare inside.
- Trim the fat, and carve the steak into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve on a bed of arugula, drizzle with a little more olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
Arugula can now be found at many grocery stores or Italian specialty stores. If you are having trouble finding it, speak to your grocery manager at your local grocery. Mine always will carry it if I request it.