- 2/5 liter of soup ( meat or chicken ).
- One and a half tea spoon of garlic, 2 tea spoons of ground Coriander (Kozbara), and three table spoons of tomato paste.(tomato paste is optional, but preferable). One and a half table spoon of butter (or 2 table spoons of oil).
- Salt, and black pepper.
- The Molokhya, either green or dry.
- Add the Molokhya (one bag) to the 2/5 of soup and heat for about 15 minutes on not a very hot level.
- It is not recommended to steer too much, so the Molokhya doesn't drawn in the bottom. (in case of green Molokhya, not dry)
- While cooking the Molokhya prepare the ta'leya ( no equivalent English term)
- In a soup pan, heat the butter, or the oil. (make sure you don't burn the butter).
- Add the garlic and steer until it gets yellowish, then add the Coriander.
- Add the tomato paste and steer until it gets brown, but not burned!
- Add the result to the Molokya and steer slowly.
Some parts of Sudan don't add tomato, some add lemon. The thickness of the Molokhya depends on the person's taste.