1 package small size Whole Wheat Tortillas (Flat Bread, 8 pieces)
- 500 gr medium ground beef
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cubanelle pepper, cut in small pieces
- 4-5 tbsp crushed tomatoes, in a can
- 1 tsp red pepper paste, hot
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup plain yogurt, room temperature
- 1-2 garlic cloves, mashed with salt
- Saute the onion with olive oil for 2-3 minutes in a large pan.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the colour turns to light brown while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cubanelle pepper, crushed tomatoes, red pepper paste, water, salt and pepper, stir.
- Cook until all the water evaporates over medium-low heat.
- Turn the heat off and keep it warm.
- Heat both sides of the Tortillas in a pan.
- Place one Tortilla on a service plate.
- Spread couple of spoons filling all over it.
- Finish the first 4 Tortillas in the same way.
- Then prepare a second serving in the same way.
- If you like you may sprinkle chopped parsley over the filling.
- Divide the yogurt sauce in two small bowls.
- Cut the Tortillas in 4 pieces with a knife.
- Put some yogurt sauce on the every small triangle, fold and have it while they are still warm.