2½ hours, 20 min prep
- 1 medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the cabbage in boiling water for no more than one minute. Discard the water.
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl and add grated carrots, sliced onion, cayenne, oregano, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Let chill in refrigerator at least two hours before serving.