- 4 red onions, quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into pieces
- 4 parsnips, cut into pieces
- 10 small new potatoes
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 6 baby turnips, halved
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- a good pinch of thyme
- sea salt and black pepper to season
- Peel the carrots and parsnips then cut into pieces about the same size as the new potatoes.
- Mix the oils together and pour half into the base of a roasting dish.
- Arrange the vegetables in this and pour the remaining oil over them, ensuring that they're commpletely covered in oil.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the top then season with the sea salt and pepper.
- Place in a hot oven and roast for about an hour, until the vegetables have browned and crisped.