- 2 t Salt
- 1⁄4 t Black pepper
- 3⁄4 c Cooked smoked ham -- cubed
- 1 c Uncooked Rice
- 1 large Onions, sliced
- 3 c cabbage -- shredded
- 1⁄2 lb Fresh green beans -- quartered And stems removed OR
- 1 10oz pk frozen beans
- 1⁄4 t Ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 t Cayenne pepper
- Pour water into a large pot. Add the chicken, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover; bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stiri in the ham, rice, onion, cabbage, green beans, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is fork-tender and the rice is cooked, 25-30 minutes.