- 1-1/2 pounds bacalao (salt codfish), cooked and shredded
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium Spanish onion, peeled and minced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine the codfish with the potato, onion, avocado, egg, peppers, and tomato.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar and oil and season to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the codfish mixture and toss well.