Preparation Time 10 minutes.
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes.
- 12 ockras
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. GRACE HOT PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 cups GRACE CORNMEAL
- 2 tbsps. GRACE SOFT MARGARINE
- Wash ockras, cut off stems, slice into rings and boil with half the water and salt and Grace Hot Pepper sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of water to the sifted cornmeal and mix well.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the Grace Cornmeal mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- Return saucepan to stove and cook mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- When mixture becomes stiff and smooth, and moves away from saucepan cleanly at the bottom, it is finished.
- Put into a dish immediately and spread liberally with butter.