- 1-2 medium sized fish in season
- 2 green figs
- 2 christophenes
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup of parsley and celery
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon each of lime juice, vinegar, salt, garlic, and mint
- Simmer fish over low heat in water, add salt and vinegar and cover for a few minutes.
- Cook the vegetables separately until soft, mash and make into small balls.
- Dip your thumb into the centre of the balls - sprinkle celery over and around the balls.
- Fill the centre of the vegetable balls with the grated carrot.
- Place the fish in the centre of the dish with the vegetable balls surrounding.
- Sprinkle lime juice and mint over the fish and serve.