- 2 c. brown rice
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 pot spoon cooking oil bi. Pepper
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 4 c. boiling water
- 1 med. carrot (grated on coarse side of grater)
- 1 medium sweet pimento pepper (green)
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pot.
- Add garlic, brown garlic and remove from oil.
- Add carrot, stirring all the time for 2 - 3 mins.
- Add sweet pepper, then rice. Toss 1 min.
- Add boiling water and salt.
- Cook until rice is tender and all the water is absorbed.
- A little butter is added if desired.