- 4 small (or medium) trout
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- butter, for frying
- Clean, gut and wash the fish then fill the cavities with 1 tbsp butter, parsley, chives, a slice of lemon and a generous twist of black pepper.
- Thin the bacon by running the back of a knife along it then wrap two slices around each fish.
- Melt plenty of butter in a frying pan and use to fry the fish for about 10 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve with potatoes and minted peas, drizzling the fried butter over the top as a sauce.