Serves 8 to 10.
- 2 or 3 (1 pound) green plantains, peeled
- 6 cups chicken broth (3 cans of chicken broth may be used)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the peeled plantains and put them into a blender or food processor with 1 cup of the chicken broth.
- Blend them together until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the remaining 5 cups of chicken broth into a large saucepan. Stir in blended plantain mixture.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup is thickened (about 45 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.