3 x leeks, white part only sliced thinly
2 med potatoes peeled, sliced thin
3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
2 x avocados mashed
Chopped chives or chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat stock in a medium saucepan and add leeks and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Puree in blender, then return to the saucepan and stir in the heavy cream. Puree avocado in blender.
- If serving hot, stir in the avocado just as you're ready to serve, as heat embitters the avocado.
- If serving cold, allow the stock to cool, then stir in avocado puree and refrigerate. Serve both with minced chives or cilantro.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Incredibly rich and delicate as a first couse - either hot or cold - ideally before a fish course.