1 kilo of Lamb
1 kilo of Green Beans
½ a cup of corn oil
1 ½ cup of hot water
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 medium chopped onion
2 ripped tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut Lamb in small pieces, wash and strain.
- String, cut in two, wash and strain Green Beans.
- Pour corn oil into a large enough pan, bring to boil and fry meat until golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions, salt and pepper and the tomato paste dissolved in water.
- Add the rest of the hot water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about an hour on low heat.
- Add the Green Beans, ripped tomatoes sliced and cook for about ½ an hour or until beans are tender and the sauce is lightly thick.
Arni me Fasolakia can be accompanied with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes. If you prefer, you can add potatoes with the Fasolakia.
Ps: The same ingredients and method can be used to cook Lamb with Okra.