- ½ to 1 lb. Medium or large shrimp. Peeled and de-veined.
- 1 Small canned baby corn Drained.
- 1 Dozen driedshiitake mushroom soaked in warm water and drained.
- 1 Large carrot. Peeled and sliced thin.
- 2 Cloves garlic. Minced.
- 1 Yellow onion. Sliced.
- 2 Stalks green onion. Cut ½ inch length.
- ½ Cup All purpose flour.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch.
- 1 Cup water.
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce.
- ½ Tablespoon sugar.
- ¼ Teaspoon salt.
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper.
- A handfulchopped cilantro for garnish.(optional)
In a large bowl, marinated shrimp with salt and black pepper, then add all purpose flour and cornstarch. Mix well and set a side.
In a small bowl, mix water with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Set a side.
Pre-heat a wok or skillet with high temperature. When it hot, add cooking oil.
Sauté shrimp for few seconds then add garlic, yellow onion, carrot, baby corn and mushroom. Stirs well.
Pour mix sauces over and stirs till the sauce thicken, then add green onion. Stirs well.
Garnish with chopped cilantro before serve.
Serve hot as mahope sar (appetizer) or with rice.
Note: If you serve this dish with rice, diluted the sauce with another ½ cup water.