• 1 large whole fish, or cut into individual servings. Can be sea bass, halibut, tuna or salmon. Filets of red snapper, catfish or orange roughy can also be used.
• 1/2 cup sliced carrots
• 1/2 cup sliced celery
• 1 cup largely diced potatoes
• 1/2 cup chopped Italian or Armenian parsley
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
• 1 cup white wine
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
• 1/2 cup redi-cut tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 large lemon [sliced into rounds]
Place the fish on a large sheet of foil or parchment paper. Make sure the foil is large enough to completely cover the fish when folded.
Place the vegetables around the fish and then shake the wine and olive oil together in a jar to make an emulsion. Pour this over the fish. Sprinkle the fish with parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Garnish the top of the fish with the lemon slices.
Fold over the foil all around the fish and make sure it has a tight fit so the liquid will not boil out. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.