- some traditional recipes use ketchup which can be substituted for the tomato juice and sugar.
- Chop tuna into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Toss with 1/2 juices, and all ingredients with exception of mango and avocado cubes.
- Let sit to marinate as desired in refrigeration.
- Before serving, chop mango and avocado and separate.
- Toss separately in the rest of the juices.
- On a large serving plate, place a small ring mold in the center of the plate.
- Spoon an equal portion of mango into bottom of a small ring mold.
- Add an equal portion of avocado and top with equal portion of Ahi mixture.
- Press down and remove mold.
- Refrigerate in pantry right away.
- Note these should be made not only daily but as close to serving as possible.
- Repeat for additional portions.
- Serve surrounded with tortilla chips and corn nuts (corn nuts are optional but are a traditional touch).
- Decorate plate and mold with chopped cilantro.
- (Alternatively, you can mix all ingredients together or not and place in an oversized martini glass. Chips can be served on the side).