1 Whole chicken
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp Oil
3 can Pasta sauce (14.5 oz)
4 can Mushrooms, sliced & drained
1. Cut up chicken, rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Place chicken inside a jumbo zip-lock bag in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Add flour.
5. Close bag and shake well to coat chicken with flour.
6. Heat oil in 12" dutch oven.
7. Add chicken and brown well.
8. Use 15 coals under the oven until chicken is brown.
9. Pour in pasta sauce and mushrooms.
10. Spread sauce over chicken.
11. Simmer 1 to 1 ½ hours until sauce thickens and chicken is tender.
12. Use approximately 15 coals on the top and 9 on the bottom.13. Replace with fresh coals as needed during the cooking time.